Home » , » Written application How to change passenger boarding point/station on the same train

Written application How to change passenger boarding point/station on the same train


Written application How to change passenger boarding point/station on the same train

A passenger can change his boarding point but have to abide by the boarding rules and regulations as stated by the railway authority.
you have to change boarding point at least 24hours before the departure of the train from the originating station.
For changing of boarding point ticket you have to go to reservation counter along with your ticket(printout in case of eticket), xerox of photo id and an application to change boarding point.

Format of change of boarding point application:

To,
The Superintendent
Indian Railway Reservation
(Name of railway station)

Subject : Change of boarding point

Dear Sir/Madam,
With due respect I would like to say that due to some unavoidable reason I will be unable to board my train from (name of current railway station) and would like to board from (name of new boarding point station) . So kindly change my boarding point from (name of current railway station) to (name of new boarding point station).

Thanking You!                                                                                       Date –

Yours Truly

(Signature & Name)

Details:
1) PNR No. -
2) Train No./Name-
3) Name of passenger –
4) Date of Boarding –
5)Address –
6)Phone No. –
7) Photo ID No.(Ex- PAN number,driving licence etc) -

Note: If the passenger has once done with his changes in the boarding station, he will lose the right to board the train from his previous station.

+ comments + 10 comments

8 December 2013 at 01:06

thanks for posting
Indian railway pnr status

28 August 2015 at 05:35

Can he still tavern from previous boarding station without purchasing additional ticket

7 February 2016 at 23:35

Very Helpful, Thanks

18 December 2018 at 23:42

Thank you So much for giving this article.

28 July 2019 at 00:27

Thnku so mch...very helpful

14 January 2020 at 18:40

I have booked e-Ticket for journey from Kanyakumari To Ernakulam, but while booking e-ticket, mistakenly boarding came as Mavelikara (MVLK) which is 200 Kms from my original booking station.
Actually I have to board from starting station from Kanyakumari.
My e-ticket is booked & confirmed for journey - Kanyakumari to Ernakulam (boarding - Mavelikara). Railway Authority has charged me the full sleeper fare (Rs.210) for above journey.
I have enquired at Reservation Counter & got answer as
"I have to cancel the Ticket",
"I am not eligible to board from Kanyakumari" & will be fined if travel before boarding station."
"While e-ticket booking, no refund of any amount for non-eligible journey from Kanyakumari To Mavelikara"
"My e-Ticket charges is Rs.210" & if cancelled, then Cancellation charges is Rs.120 (57% of Ticket).
"I cannot change boarding of PREVIOUS station from current boarding as per e-Ticket.
Whether I can eligible for change in boarding from Mavelikara to Kanyakumari ?

14 March 2020 at 23:18

No never

6 November 2020 at 23:01

My boarding station mistake
My pnr no.4518673308
Gontakal jn to New Delhi
My currect boarding station Secundrabad
Please help me
Because my train 02691 departed from Guntkal 08/11/2020

6 November 2020 at 23:05

My name is Vishal Kumar

3 December 2021 at 00:44

hello i have booked ticket from counter but he mention my name rough now how to change my name correct

Post a Comment

 
Design Template by panjz-online | Support by creating website |
Powered by Blogger.